Publications & resources
ACPMH draws on our research and policy development experience to develop best practice guidelines for the assessment, screening and treatment of a range of mental health problems in the general, and military and veteran communities.
See below for information on the following guidelines:
- Australian Guidelines for the Treatment of Acute Stress Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Peer Support Guidelines
Australian Guidelines for the Treatment of Acute Stress Disorder and
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Click here for information about these Guidelines.
You can download the following PDF resources to suit your different needs at no charge. Printed copies of these publications (except the Appendices to the Guidelines) can be ordered by using the order form.
- The full Guidelines
- The complete appendices to the full Guidelines
- Guidelines Summary – incorporating a brief overview of ASD and PTSD and a full summary of the recommendations
- A Practitioner Guide to Treatment – a handy desktop guide for practitioners working with children & adolescents
- Recovery after Trauma – A Guide for People with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Joel and the Storm – A story for children who have experienced trauma
- What the ? – A Guide for teenagers who have experienced trauma
- Helping my Children after Trauma – A Guide for Parents
- Practitioner resource pack
(for practitioners working with young people)
– inc. 1 x Guidelines Summary, 1 x Practitioner Guide,
2 x Parent guide, 2 x Teenager guide, 2 x Child storybook. Presented in a durable PVC wallet. To order, complete the order form.
Peer support guidelines
Guidelines on peer support have been created using the Delphi methodology of obtaining consensus from international experts.
Click here for information about these guidelines.