Education & training
Striving to improve the practice of those working with individuals, organisations, and communities affected by trauma
ACPMH provides education and training programs for government, non-government and community-based organisations, as well as private practitioners, on recommended interventions and practice for posttraumatic mental health problems. Our work in this area assists professionals and members of the general community to provide recommended support and interventions. Ultimately, those at risk of, or affected by posttraumatic mental health problems will derive benefit from receiving the best available treatment and support.
These services include:
- Tailored training programs for accredited providers
- Development of educational materials
- Expert commentary for audio-visual resources and media
- Seminars and workshops for policy makers and compensation staff
- Consultation and supervision for individuals, groups, and organisations
We offer workshops in:
- Trauma-Informed Care (NEW in 2015)
- Psychological First Aid (NEW in 2015)
- Neuropsychology of Trauma across the Lifespan (NEW in 2015)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (NEW in 2015)
- Trauma-Focussed Psychological Therapy for mental health practitioners working with adults and young people
Other education and training services include:
- Internationally endorsed training resources for health practitioners and people affected by trauma and disaster
- Education sessions about the Australian PTSD Guidelines.
Please contact ACPMH to discuss your education and training requirements.