Education & training
helping providers deliver the best care
We provide expert education and training services related to posttraumatic mental health for governments, health professional colleges, commercial organisations and third party insurers.
These services include:
- Tailored training programs for accredited providers
- Development of educational materials
- Expert commentary for audio-visual resources and media
- Seminars and workshops for policy makers and compensation staff
Recent examples of our education and training services include:
- Internationally endorsed training resources for health practitioners and people affected by trauma and disaster
- Trauma-focussed Psychological Therapy workshops for mental health practitioners working with adults and young people
- Training for health and support staff in the Australian Defence Force on effective responses and treatment for posttraumatic mental health problems
- Training for specialist mental health and primary care workers, as well as members of the general community, on effective responses to people affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires.
- A mental health training program for psychologists and physiotherapists working with people recovering from serious transport accidents.
- Information sessions about the Australian PTSD Guidelines for more than 1600 practitioners and community members around Australia.
- A training program for practitioners who work with veterans presenting with complex mental health difficulties. Click here if you attended the DVA Training for Mental Health Practitioners Initiative.
Contact ACPMH to discuss your education and training requirements.